In boardrooms and fundraising offices across the UK, the myth that trust fundraising is a ‘quick win’ or that it will ‘get you out of a hole’ pervades.
If you've been issued this challenge and are maybe feeling a little overwhelmed about the task ahead, you're in the right place!
Let us consider the following:
- Gap in public sector finance in the UK of £5.8billion 2019 - 2021
- Brexit is likely to see the amount given away by trusts flatlining
- Competition for funds is increasing as new causes enter the market (schools, CIC’s, leisure centres, libraries, individual GoFundMe pages)
- There is a trend towards ‘public voting’ style awarding which can exclude charities with smaller supporter bases
This does not mean that charitable trust fundraising is no longer the viable and sustainable income stream that it used to be. With the right skills, you can direct your limited time into the tasks which will have the greatest return on investment.
I have raised millions for charities over my 20-year career. Now I’m ready to share my strategies for success so that you can copy them.
Introducing ‘Trust the Process’, my step by step online training that walks you through my personal approach to fundraising from trusts and foundations.
My consistent approach to this area of fundraising has generated millions for good causes. I want you to enjoy the same success.
“This was a first (and very large) step into fundraising for us. Our knowledge of this area has grown hugely as a result.”Cathy Woolcock, Cornwall Heritage Trust
This self-led course is for you if:
- You have day to day responsibility for trusts and foundations at your charity
- You feel nervous about your lack of experience and feel out of your depth
- You're not sure how to set a target
- You're managing someone who has responsibility for trusts and foundations but lack practical experience yourself, and would like to learn how to support them better
- You're willing to put into practice the learnings from this course and are committed to trying new things
This self-led course is NOT for you if:
- You are an experienced and knowledgable trusts and foundations fundraiser with many years' experience
- You are already raising more than your charity needs from trusts and foundations each year
- You are a corporate / individual giving / community fundraiser with zero interest in how trusts and foundations work!
“Caroline's insight into the fundraising sector is second to none. I would recommend her to anyone wanting to improve their fundraising.”Marie Preece, Two Green Magpies
By the the end of Trust the Process, you can expect that you are:
- equipped to raise even more money from trusts and foundations
- able to identify at least 10 qualified prospects for your good cause
- the creator of a fundraising strategy, with a target and objectives and supporting rationale
- you will have a suite of template proposals and will know how to tailor them to meet the needs of different funders
Providing you are committed to dedicating time and energy to trust fundraising once your learning is complete, you will see a significant return on your investment.